Scientist 1 – Formulations
Maxonic is looking for a Scientist 1 - Formulations for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Manufactures in-vitro diagnostic products (controls and calibrators) used in the clinical laboratory, following cGMP.
- Completes associated manufacturing documentation and participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Manufacture bulk products and perform testing using chemistry clinical analyzers
- Completes manufacturing batch records and MPIs, ensure compliance at all times in accordance with cGMP including GDP
- Meet on-time delivery dates for each assigned work order and adhere to production schedule
- Review and analyze data
- Weighing, transfer, mixing of chemicals required
- Initiates non-conformance reports as required
- Perform product filtrations
- Review and approve completed batch records
- Maintain and analyze lot histories for trends and discrepancies
- Assist with modifying SOPs, work instructions and reports
- Recommends improvements to processes, environment or equipment
- Participate in daily/weekly lab '5s' activities
- Keep department lead or manager updated on all issues
- Monitor stocks of common lab supplies
- Perform other job duties as required
- BS/BA in scientific discipline (chemistry/biochemistry) with 0 - 2 years related experience and/or training preferred.
- AA degree with 2 - 4 years related experience may be substituted
- Experience/understanding of Quality System Regulations and cGMP preferred
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and focused
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Can follow procedures carefully
- Computer/software skills (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Strong laboratory skills including pipetting, safety, and hazardous chemical handling
NON-NEGOTIABLE HIRING CRITERIA:
- Basic lab skills and knowledge of safety precautions
- Must be able to work with potentially hazardous chemicals and human source materials
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs routinely. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
- This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: Carlsbad, CA
- Duration: 12 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Suresh (email@example.com) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.113.