Maxonic is looking for a Project Manager for one of our leading customers.
Las Vegas, NV
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Local candidates are highly preferred. Please indicate whether the candidate is local at the top of their resume.
- Gaming license required.
- Candidates who do not already have a gaming license will be required to apply for one through Caesars on their first day on assignment, and will be responsible for paying the $75 application fee.
The responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Project Management
- Has strong knowledge within the IT Operations.
- Lead multiple IT projects simultaneously with responsibilities across a number of regions, organizations, vendors, and applications/interfaces.
- Ability to assemble and lead project teams including technical and non-technical staff in analysis and also assign individual responsibilities.
- Deliver on project commitments through leadership, teamwork, problem analysis/resolution, effective communication, and productivity improvements.
- Design, development, testing and implementation efforts for projects to ensure project deliverables meet stated expectations for scope, quality, cost, timing, and business objectives.
- Serve as liaison between project team members, management, IT suppliers, external consultants and the business.
- Establish the project baseline, metrics, and parameters.
- Develop and manage the Critical Path for successful project delivery.
- Establish and conduct weekly/monthly status meetings, and other meetings as needed, requested.
- Prepare periodic reports on project health including project status, risks & mitigation plans, and issues & resolution plans.
- Routinely communicate project results to the Program Manager, Business and IT Partners.
- Investigate project developments, validate assumptions and upcoming deliverables, and resolve conflicts.
- Financial Management
- Ensure project funding aligns with approved budgets in system of record. • Calculate and forecast project cost(s).
- Validate/adjust monthly financial transactions.
- Accrue for goods and services received, not yet invoiced. • Monthly, report financial health of the project(s).
- Complete project change requests to manage large variances.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Willing to complete tasks under strict time constraints, which may require long, off-hour and weekend work.
- Willing to work on-site at any of our casino resorts, which may include exposure to noise, smoke, and populated areas.
- 8 – 10 years of project management experience managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in all MS Office tools and in one or more PM methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc.). Advanced knowledge in MS Project 2016.
- Familiarity with Clarity and Open Workbench helpful.
- Develop and maintain schedule reports, Gantt charts, milestone charts, and other project management tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work authorizations, priority-based resource allocations, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule integration.
- Work in collaboration with management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting
- Identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events
- Nimble, and able to react quickly to changing business needs.
- Ability to facilitate discussion and drive consensus.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in cross-functional teams.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently toward detailed goals in a complex, matrixed environment with ever-changing demands.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business management, financial management, computer science, communications, or related field, preferred.
- PMP, Scrum Master, Six Sigma certification, strongly preferred.
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: Las Vegas, NV
- Duration: 06 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Kiran (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.129.