Maxonic is looking for a Scientist II for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- When you’re part of the team at client, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
- Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- The Process Development Scientist opportunity will be in the Analytical & Formulations Sciences department Impurities, ELISA & Formulation group and reside in Princeton, NJ.
How will you make an impact?
- Provides routine analyses in a biology environment by selecting appropriate methods with minimal supervision.
- Performs protein concentration, ELISA and quantitative PCR analytical methods for complex testing and/or high throughput purification using a liquid handling system to support process development and/or manufacturing operations.
- May research and implement new methods and technologies to enhance operations.
- Makes detailed observations and analyzes, resolves issues, documents, and communicates test results.
What will you do?
- Knowledge and experience with ELISA assays, including residual HCP, residual Protein A, Binding ELISA and Titer ELISA assays.
- Broad experience with DNA extraction and quantitative PCR techniques and/or high throughput purification using a liquid handling system.
- Performs routine analytical methods and studies to support method and formulation development, structural characterization, comparability, forced degradation, and other development activities of biopharmaceuticals at all stages of clinical development.
- Designs experimental plans based on the defined deliverables.
- Develops, qualifies, and transfers analytical methods. Works with Quality Control to trouble-shoot and improve existing analytical methods.
- Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results. Records results in notebook accurately, clearly, and regularly.
- Recognizes and reports unexpected results and non-routine analytical and product problems; recommends solutions.
- Prepares protocols, reports, and test methods and writes SOPs.
- Maintains and troubleshoots analytical instrumentation as needed. Helps to maintain laboratory and order common supplies.
- Remains current in the field by review of relevant scientific literature and attendance at appropriate scientific seminars and conferences.
- Performs all duties in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines. Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment and balance multiple priorities moving from one project to another as priorities change.
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in molecular cell biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- With Bachelor’s degree, minimum of 2 years of experience related to pharmaceutical manufacturing, process, development or academic laboratory.
- With Master’s degree, experience with practical scientific application necessary, though related experience not necessary.
- Relevant industry experience preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Deep knowledge of varied aspects or a specialized aspect of discipline.
- Working knowledge of GMP/GLP regulations in cGMP/cGLP manufacturing environment preferred.
- Good writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Solid MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills. Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to standard procedures.
- Ability to design and execute tasks and studies based on the deliverables.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex scientific data.
- Ability to properly document work and write reports.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees. Ability to make decisions that require choosing between limited alternatives to resolve complex problems. Ability to lead and mentor less experienced staff.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: Princeton, NJ
- Duration: 06 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Priyanshu Sinha (email@example.com) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.130.