Maxonic is looking for a Technical Writer for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- The technical writer (Content writer) will work collaboratively in a team environment to create and revise departmental instructional procedures/SOPs/WINs to ensure daily change analyst tasks are performed correctly in a timely manner resulting in successful outcomes.
- To be successful in this role, you must be a strong self-starter, highly organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to draw out critical information from subject matter experts.
- Develops procedural content for delivery in a variety of formats
- Researches, drafts or revises content, routes content for input, and finalizes content for delivery
- Simultaneously handles multiple deliverables
- Works under minimal supervision with project teams or other internal stakeholders to complete work
- Develops and revises content that:
- Meets the needs of the target audience
- Is accurate, clear, and concise
- Reviews final proofs
- Conducts usability testing of the deliverables
- Proactively identifies and suggests improvements to deliverables
- Applies best practices in procedural writing to suggest content, organize content, and plan page layouts
- Identifies and communicates risks in advance
- Maintains SME relationships
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned skills
Education and Qualifications
- Required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field such as English, journalism, marketing, or sciences.
- Generally requires two to three years related experience
- Excellent written communications skills
- Expresses ideas clearly and succinctly and uses appropriate style to the purpose
- Exhibits excellent listening skills; seeks for information and input from peers, manager and SME
- Develops content that is accurate, clear, concise, and meets the needs of the target audience
- Ability to approach a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail
- Understands technical content and can effectively adapt structure, tone, and style to meet objectives
- Capable of working on multiple deliverables simultaneously and meet timelines
Knowledge of relevant style guide(s) and best practices
- Proficiency in authoring, workflow, and file management tools
- Keen attention to detail and high regard for quality
- Familiarity with Product lifecycle management (PLM) and Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Creative problem solving
- Composure under pressure
- Ability to present ideas in a confident manner
- Comfortable with aggressive timelines
- Generally determines appropriate action by independently referencing processes /procedures and using proven approaches
- Collaborates with others, solicits input from others and values different view points
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: Carlsbad, CA
- Duration: 06 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Suresh (email@example.com) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.113.