Maxonic is looking for a Payroll Specialist for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Under the direct supervision of the manager/director, provide human resources administrative support.
- Act as the first point of contact for most human resources inquiries, and serve as a resource to staff and faculty on human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Serve as a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager/director or supervisor for resolution.
- Coordinate the recruitment process, including job postings, interview scheduling, and applicant disposition with hiring managers, human resources staff, and/or supervisors.
- Support and coordinate employment activities (transactions and documentation). Assist in onboarding and exit process of staff.
- May support the process (transactions and documentation) for academic and staff appointments/reappointments and student/post-doctoral appointments.
- Coordinate and/or perform HRIS data management activities, including initiating transactions and running reports for compliance, audit, and metrics purposes. Ensure data integrity, and serve as primary contact for identifying and resolving pay issues. May perform time and leave administration duties and input data to financial system.
- Explain applicable disability and leave procedures, and generate related correspondence; update and maintain reports to track leaves.
- Assist in the communication of the annual performance appraisal process; review and track incoming performance appraisal forms.
- Maintain personnel and human resources related files.
- Provide general administrative support for human resources staff.
- Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies using problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects and assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong PeopleSoft knowledge
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems.
- Experience using email and internet.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, and use a telephone.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Travel on campus to schools/units, out of town.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: Stanford, CA
- Duration: 03 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Zeeshan (Zeeshan.firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.119.