Financial Analyst and Project Accountant
Maxonic is looking for a Financial Analyst and Project Accountant for one of our leading customers.
Redwood City, CA
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Under the direct supervision of the manager/director, provide human resources administrative support.
- Act as the first point of contact for most human resources inquiries, and serve as a resource to staff and faculty on human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- The Financial Analyst 2 position reports directly to the Sr. Finance Manager for Student Housing and MCP, works within a team-focused environment with several finance members in Student Housing, MCP and Central Finance, and provides necessary support to Directors and Managers within Student Housing Operations (SHO) and Maintenance and Capital Projects (MCP) groups .
- This position is responsible for the assisting with overall financial activities for the two divisions, including month end and year end close support, financial reporting, transactional accounting, budgeting, forecasting and providing ad hoc analytical and financial compliance support.
- This involves coordinating, analyzing and reporting on essential data related to operational and financial activities –for individual locations/units and division and segments thereof.
- This position will contribute to analytics related to long range strategic planning, strategic initiatives, growth planning, business proformas, return-on investment, performance assessment, and benchmarking.
- This position assesses new business opportunities, identifying and quantifying the financial/accounting impact and making recommendations regarding operational efficiencies.
- Help monitor financial activity within the two divisions – Student Housing Operations and Maintenance and Capital Projects.Prepare Division-level, Department-level and Group-level variance reports on a monthly basis using OBI and Report Mart 3 reporting tools. Identify areas of concern. Identify, analyze, report on, and discuss trends and variances with managers at various levels.
- Create Open Commitments and Expense detail reports for departments on a monthly basis to help monitor financial activity. Assist departments with expenses and commitments review to ensure that charges are not misapplied, and that outstanding commitment balances are accurate. Assist operators with tracking of balances on blanket service agreements.
- Perform fund statement and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform month-end and year-end close activities: perform monthly accruals to ensure that expenses are booked in Oracle as they are incurred; prepare journal entries as necessary to ensure that expenses and revenues are booked to correct accounts.
- Manage Student Housing and MCP billing to third parties (currently Maintenance billing and Student Damages and Miscellaneous Fees), to include transactions audit, follow-up, preparation of monthly feeder journals and detailed billing reports as necessary.
- Work with groups and R&DE Accounts Payable and Contracts specialists to reduce the backlog of outstanding commitments, open invoices, etc., in order to minimize the need for accruals in the long run.
- Perform moderately complex finance functions, including structured analysis; conduct data mining; identify, clarify, and investigate discrepancies and exceptions; proactively develop solutions and processes.
- Maintain, reconcile, review, combine, and validate moderately complex financial data sets, including large volumes of data, financial reports, financial databases, and key financial information.
- Run and analyze moderately complex financial reports, often from multiple systems; assist in preparation of management information reports.
- Resolve transactional inquiries, escalate broader issues, and respond in a professional and timely manner.
- Participate as a member of a team; support new initiatives; cooperate and adapt to changes and processes. Participate in change management strategy through communication and collaboration with others.
- Understand and participate in cross training on core functions in work area or unit; serve as a back-up to other functions.
- Analyze budget and financial information, input and review system data, summarize and develop reports/charts for presentations.
- Design and perform ad hoc analyses; develop and maintain complex data models, perform sensitivity analysis, analyze large complex data sets, and reconcile complex accounts.
- Identify and resolve complex issues which may span multiple areas; apply ingenuity and creativity to problem analysis and resolution, and recognize exceptions. Participate in developing solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes; maintain broader organizational perspective in decision making.
- Develop and maintain desktop procedures and process documentation for multiple areas of responsibility. Define requirements, develop and implement complex test cases, perform system testing and analyze results. Participate in critical analysis of existing systems and processes, and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Execute internal control programs established by management, research new regulations, and recommend and implement approved changes. Manage compliance program for area of responsibility, and create complex compliance reports.
- May supervise, train, coach, and review the work of other staff, as needed. Contribute primarily through applying individual expertise.
- Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Preferred: Degree in Economics, Business, Accounting, or Finance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills.
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences and client groups.
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Occasional late night/weekend work.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promotes Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: Redwood city, CA
- Duration: 06 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Zeeshan (Zeeshan.firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.119.