Maxonic is looking for a Technical Writer for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- We are seeking a technical writer to help provide web-based pre- and post-sales technical support and education to external customers as well as internal personal.
- The primary responsibilities of the technical writer will include: creating, editing and updating technical support content for both our internal knowledge bases.
- The technical writer will also help with development of the information architecture, which includes tagging of content and articles with metadata to ensure proper content classification and display of content back onto our website.
- The candidate will use their scientific background and apply their knowledge to understand the support ecosystem and delivery of content to customers.
- They will also review customer feedback, voice of customer information, and customer complaints to continually improve the overall digital support experience.
- Develop web-based / online technical content based on customer and business need including customer support tools like product FAQs, troubleshooting guides, product selection tools, education hubs, webinars, videos and other tools to be determined.
- Utilize existing content, modify existing content, or develop new content, as applicable to make compatible with a website article format.
- Draft, edit, review and finalize technical documents in collaboration with cross-functional teams to publish on the website.
- Help to develop information architecture of support content, including metadata tagging and content classification.
- Gather customer feedback and work with technical support teams to update web content accordingly based on technical support team recommendations.
- Work with cross-divisional and web teams to implement content on website as needed.
- Work with Services & Support marketing team and Global Marketing on “Customer Insights”, to assess how customers utilize support information, uncover technical support needs, propose and develop new tools or channels to support those needs.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Present web and technical updates and contribute to department meetings.
- Participate in training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies to remain at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Requires a BS in the Life Sciences. MS preferred.
- 1 to 2+ years Laboratory experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues. Enjoy use of web, chat and social media channels.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, Internet and word processing applications.
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Willingness to learn, with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Problem-solving ability required.
- Strong computer skills and literacy, including spreadsheet, powerpoint, database, and word processing applications as well as with the Internet required.
- Technical writing experience or experience with drafting, reviewing, and editing documentation
- The ideal candidates will possess experience in two or more of the following fields: molecular biology, cell culture, cell biology, assay development, fluorescent assays, QPCR techniques, PCR, genomics, microarrays, bioinformatics, and protein expression, purification, and analysis.
- This position requires repetitive typing, and regular viewing of a computer monitor.
- Most of the other physical demands are typical with those associated with an office environment.
- Limited work in a laboratory environment may be required.
- Must be capable of observing and adhering to lab safety standards and protocols.
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: Carlsbad, CA
- Duration: 04 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Arif (email@example.com) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.128.