Engineer, Electrical/Systems Engineering
Maxonic is looking for an Engineer, Electrical/Systems Engineering for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- We are seeking a strong candidate to work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers, software engineers, chemists, mechanical engineers, and molecular biologists.
- The job responsibilities will include generating and carrying out test protocols, verification, writing up test reports, documentation, and test fixture designing.
- The projects will encompass existing platforms as well as new product introductions.
- This individual will be working closely with hardware engineers to verify sub-assemblies are working as designed.
- It will be critical that this individual have strong verbal and written communication skills to be successful.
Position requirements and skills:
- Minimum BS in Mechanical/Electrical/Systems or Bio-medical Engineering
- Minimum 2+ years experience in Electrical/System engineering or medical device development and/or integration and test
- Experience with a variety of laboratory devices, instrumentation and test equipment.
- In addition to impeccable technical skills, successful candidates possess strong organizational, communication and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
The ideal candidate will be:
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in executing a variety of activities independently or with a multidisciplinary team.
- 2+ years of experience in testing electro-mechanical sub-assemblies, test report generation, documentation under design control process.
- Familiarity with Matlab or Python or similar tools for data analysis is a plus Would be ideal to have some design work experience (in SolidWorks)
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities;
- Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, hard-working and multidisciplinary team;
- Resourceful and flexible;
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused.
- An individual with electrical engineering, software (ex. python scripting), and system integration and test experience.
- Must understand best-practice quality processes and be capable of understanding system requirements and developing and documenting designs and writing test plans.
- An individual with experience in biotechnology or medical device development; Next Gen sequencing experience is a plus.
- An individual with HP-ALM, Doors, or other Quality Systems.
- Proficient in scripting, debugging, optimization tools, and unit testing.
- Generating and executing test protocol.
- Writing up test results and communicating failures quickly to design engineers.
- Managing engineering drawings/documents and test reports to the ECO/DCO process.
- Releasing test documents under design control process.
- Assist in designing test fixtures for testing subassemblies.
- Following all Product Commercialization Process procedures.
- Designing updates as needed.
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: Guilford, CT
- Duration: 12 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Kiran (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.129.