Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Job Location: US - Franklin, MA - 27 Forge Parkway (27 Forge Parkway, Franklin, Massachusetts 02038)
Start Date : 06/24/2019
End date: 06/19/2020
Pay rate: $21.59/hr
Bill Rate: $28.78/hr
Job posting ID: TMO-REQ-011159
* When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
* Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
* This position is part of the Materials and Minerals business unit in the Chemical Analysis Division (CAD). The role is based in Franklin, MA.
How will you make an impact?
* In this position, you will be responsible for testing and certifying assemblies and instruments to meet quality standards.
What will you do?
* Test subassemblies and/or standard instruments within the Value Stream
* Basic troubleshooting abilities with electromechanical assemblies
* Active member of production cell. May require inventory and equipment management as related to the cells operations requirements
* Adhere to ISO9000 requirements including ESD, work area cleanliness, maintenance and calibration of equipment and work instruction adherence
* Adhere to discrepant material disposition process (Material Review Board process)
* Cross train into other functional roles as required
* Adhere to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements of the job function.
* Participate in daily team stand-up meetings; communicating daily challenges and/or ideas
* Participate in improvement events (such as Kaizen, 5S, Practical Process Improvement)
* Lead daily stand up meeting periodically
* Work with cell leads and value stream support to resolve process issues when required
* Document non-conformances
* Maintain a safe working environment, following established 5S procedures
* Maintain Inventory Accuracy based on site goals
How will you get here?
* 2 year technical degree in a related field (Mechanical or Electrical), military training or other equivalent experience required
* 1 to 2 years of related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, instrumentation test is preferable
* Experience working with and troubleshooting electromechanical assemblies and printed circuit boards (PCBs)
* Experience with IQS, Hertzler, and/or MAPICS a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Ability to understand the basic operations in Microsoft Word and Excel
* High visual acuity and manual dexterity. Ability to conduct equipment set up and qualification on simple machinery as well as experience doing in-process visual inspection
* Ability to work safely with chemicals and gasses and maintain good housekeeping standards
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts a plus
* Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
* Must be able to sit and or stand at workbench for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required
* Good manual dexterity is required. Must use hands for extended periods of time while assembling (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation).
* Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment and tools necessary to perform job functions
* These physical requirements must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation