IT Systems Analyst 2
Maxonic is looking for an IT Systems Analyst 2 for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Serve as a technical point-of-contact for content-related inquiries from publishers, the CLOCKSS Archive, and libraries participating in the Global LOCKSS Network.
- Perform first-line evaluation of new content processing requests and ensure that business partner requirements are thoroughly and accurately documented.
- Track content processing work in progress and maintain an up-to-date and actionable backlog of pending content processing projects and tasks.
- Identify and elaborate opportunities for content processing tooling and workflow enhancements.
- Analyze, log, and escalate system issues affecting content processing, preservation, or access.
- Develop and maintain metrics for project and task performance, in consultation with the team and key stakeholders; communicate realistic response time and/or deliverable expectations to business partners.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of content processing pipelines in partnership with business partners and the team.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong capabilities in the following: data mapping, configuration settings, issues analysis and recommendations, documentation skills, functional analysis, coordination of user acceptance and sign-off, business process improvement, fit/gap analysis, requirements documentation and process flow charting, presentation of options and solutions facilitation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimum direction.
- Ability to establish effective, ongoing relationships with clients, staff and management.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure.
Relevant knowledge, skills and abilities may include:
- Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly.
- Ability to provide effective customer service by e-mail and phone.
- Knowledge of common Linux utilities and ability to write custom scripts.
- Familiarity with scholarly publishing content formats, hosting platforms, interfaces, metadata formats, and/or production workflows.
- Familiarity with ingest, curation, and/or management of digital content in repository systems.
- Knowledge of web archiving techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of web technologies and platforms.
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: Stanford, CA
- Duration: 03 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Raj Anand (email@example.com) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.133.