Maxonic is looking for a Staff Accountant for one of our leading customers.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Candidates MUST have a 4-year degree, preferably in Accounting, but if not, a Business Degree will be acceptable.
- Candidates with more or less than the required experience (2-4 years max) will not be considered.
- Candidates should have actual Accounting experience, where they are able to assess accounting processes and look for process improvements.
- Candidates with only AP or AR processing do not have the required level of experience.
- Candidates with 5+ years of experience would be considered over qualified.
- The Capital Asset team is responsible for developing, monitoring, and enforcing policies, practices, and procedures related Caesars Entertainment Corporation’s property, plant, and equipment assets, including the costs associated with construction in progress and IT development until those assets are ultimately placed in-service.
- This responsibility includes maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounting records, ongoing maintenance of the fixed asset registers, and ensuring that transactions are accurately recorded in accordance with the Capital Asset Policy and providing guidance on the policy.
- This role is responsible for performing the day-to-day tasks of the department in accordance with departmental and functional procedures, internal controls, and the accounting in accordance with US GAAP, Caesars’ policies and procedures, and applicable state and Federal regulations.
- Assist the department leadership in presenting to business partners and senior management explanations for monthly activity and/or fluctuations.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate with a combination of professional and non-professional accounting staff
- Perform timely research and resolution of reconciling items with exceptions reported to management for review and consultation
- Understand the requirements of US GAAP
- Perform analytical analysis and use basic accounting principles with the guidance of your supervisor
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual accounting processes to accurately record transactions
- Perform monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly deliverables, including rollforward schedules, financial reporting support schedules, and legal/regulatory reporting
- Exemplify the “Inspire Our Best” mission by contributing to a work environment that promotes teamwork and mutual respect
- Must possess critical thinking skills and the ability to provide solutions to problems
- Continually assists in identifying process improvement areas and recommends solutions
- Proactively provides feedback to leadership on people, process, technology and compliance
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
- Detail oriented, proficient in time management, able to multi task and ability to prioritize work load
- Comply with Caesars’ accounting and capital policies, practices, and procedures related to the processing of capital asset transactions, including the related controls
- Maintenance of capital projects, including reviewing expenditures for proper classification and preparing invoice accruals
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in US for any employer.
- Job Location: Las Vegas, NV
- Duration: 05 Months contract
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. You should also feel free to email Raj Anand (email@example.com) or call 408-715-1210 Ext.133.