Job Order #16602 – Sr Manager – Datawarehouse Operations
Our direct client is one of the world's leading global hospitality companies. They are currently in urgent need of an experienced Sr Manager – Datawarehouse Operations. This is a Permanent role located in Las Vegas, CA.
The Senior. Manager of Data Warehouse Operation is primarily responsible for the oversight of data warehouse and BI operations for Information Management (IM) and providing leadership in the establishment of Operation excellence. The position is responsible for leading the teams and managing IM platforms across Database, ETL, replication, and BI. The Senior Manager also responsible for researching new technologies, making recommendations to senior management, forecasting future platform capacity planning, and continuous improving resilience to meet the company's growth expectations. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and Client’s Resorts International policies, procedures and legal requirements. At all times, the goals and interests of the department, division and all Client’s Resorts International properties (individually and collectively) must be upheld and preserved.
- Direct IM local and offshore operations teams to improve Data Warehouse and Data operations, and manage customers SLA expectations and ensure delivery against committed SLAs
- Manage a team of employees, contract and consulting resources to ensure adequate support for all assigned IM applications including ETL, Data replication, DB for both day-to-day operations and on-call support
- Rationalize various IM technology stacks across data integration, data processing, backend database such as Teradata, Data Stage, Golden Gate, SQL server, Linux & Linux script languages
- Manage incidents, work requests, problem resolution, and change control workflow across IM systems
- Provide guideline and support for operations teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
- Contribute to on-going IM technology assessment to adopt new technologies in data warehouse and BI space
- Work with department management to ensure operation processes conform to standards needed to deliver them efficiently in Client’s environment
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment.
- Liaise with company's software and service suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and provide advice based on findings
- Evaluate proposals to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations
- Compile and maintain inventory of IM infrastructure software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements
- Review and analyze existing applications' effectiveness and efficiency, and develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent education/work experience.
- At least 6 years of IT experience with developing/managing Data Warehouse and business Intelligence applications.
- Proficiency with technology stacks such as Teradata, SQL Server, Data Stage, GoldenGate, Cognos, LINUX system and LINUX script languages.
- Experience working on cloud environment, Azure or Amazon or Google.
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Prior experience in data warehouse development and support.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master's degree in Information Technology.
- Experience with SQL in association with data transformation, custom reporting & analysis, and data investigation desired. Experience with Python, R.
- Prior project management experience • Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Position: Full Time.
- Locations: Las Vegas, NV.
- Preferred: GC’s, US citizens, H1B.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Send us your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Shreya (Shreya.email@example.com) or call 408- 400- 2300.