Sr. Project Manager-Retail Food Industry
Our client is one of the oldest Retail Food Industry in the world, with a reputation for being innovative, professionally run and technology driven. They currently have a requirement for a Sr. Project Manager-Digital Retail Food Industry. The position is in Pleasanton, CA.
The Sr. Project Manager-Digital Online Retail Food Industry has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case. The individual must be extremely adaptable, independent lead, and provide overall quality control to the project. Experience in leading technology solutions is required with a firm understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies. The role collaborates to define scope, requirements, project governance, design, testing, timeline, adheres to company PMO standards. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Manage project scope and changes
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Demonstrate extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business for Retail Food Industry
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and
- Experience in managing in Scrum Agile development best practices of product development
Qualified candidates must have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP Certification) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math or similar
- Minimum of 7 years of project management experience
- 10 or more years of professional IT experience in large scale, distributed environment with hands on experience in multiple technologies
- Proven ability to manage and deliver on complex technology projects
- Experience in managing Online Retail Food Industry projects
- 4+ years' experience in financial services
- Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
- Experience managing vendors and RFP process
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Producing project progress reports on actual vs baseline
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), SharePoint and Microsoft Projects
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations, while adhering to their responsibilities and project milestone
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Contract position: 1 Years Contract
- Locations: Fermont,CA.
- Preferred W2 and CTC candidate
About the Client:
For more than 170 years, this trusted company has provided diversified financial services. They are ranked among the top 5 in assets among Retail Food Industry and are consistently named as one of the “Most Respected” and “Most Admired” Retail Food Industry in the world.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Benefits offered to our employees include: Medical Insurance, HSA (Health Savings Account), 401K Plan, Paid Sick Time Off
Interested in Applying?
Send us your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Shreya (email@example.com) or call 408-400-2300.