Bigdata Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Our client brings together science and self-discovery. They are looking for a Staff Bigdata Engineer at San Francisco, CA Location. This is a direct FT position.
- In this role, you will deliver products and services to help our Data Science and Product Analytics teams to facilitate research to improve our customers experience. As such you will play a key role in engineering a secure, scalable and highly available platform used by our internal scientists using a variety of technologies such as AWS EMR, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, Kubernetes, Docker and many more.
- 7+ years of experience in software development (at a minimum, in Java & preferred to also have Scala)
- 2+ years of experience working with large scale distributed frameworks (Spark and/or MapReduce)
- 2+ years of experience with cloud (AWS and cloud provisioning frameworks such as Terraform and orchestration tools such as Airflow will be given priority)
- Has demonstrated understanding of SOLID principles, and can work effectively in an Agile environment
- One who has been a lead or who has taken the lead for a concept-through completion system/platform build.
- Takes responsibility for scrum team results
- Guides the team to solve highly scalable issues, and guides team to maximize productivity/risk reductions
- Provides guidance for the team, and has ability to interact with product owner and other technical leaders through entire product lifecycle
- Working knowledge of streaming engines, such as Kafka or Kinesis.
- Familiarity with contemporary data science workflows and techniques is a huge plus.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Position type – FT/Permanent role
- Position location – SAN FRANCISCO, CA
- Local candidates only
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. Benefits offered to our employees include: Medical Insurance, HSA (Health Savings Account), 401K Plan, Paid Sick Time Off
Interested in Applying?
You’ve clicked on the right link! Please apply below with your most current resume. Feel free to email Mani (email@example.com) or call 408-400-2304.