Sr Data Center Analyst
Our client is biggest Cyber security company in the world, with a reputation for being innovative, professionally run and technology driven. They currently have a requirement for a Contract to hire role: Sr DataCenterAnalyst at Reston, Virginia
The Datacenter Analyst position works on the Data Center Operations Team to deliver and manage data center facilities and physical computing environments. The technician will take direction from and work with the Data Center Manager. Duties will include, but are not limited to, racking and moving datacenter, server, and network hardware, updating firmware and bios on server hardware, console into equipment and set IP address information, running networking and power cables, and updating documentation. The technician will work closely with other infrastructure teams to install, maintain, and troubleshoot hardware and software in the data center environment. The candidate will also be able to execute small projects on their own and work with the manager in planning and executing larger projects.
- Rack and cable a large inventory of servers, switches, and power distribution units in production environment.
- Perform initial configuration and provision for deployment: servers, network gear and various infrastructure related equipment.
- Perform stringent hardware qualification testing on new hardware configurations and approve them for production deployment.
- Help with data center capacity and growth planning as well as rack and server layout.
- Troubleshoot and remedy hardware issues for servers and networking equipment.
- Manage RMA processes with various vendors for hardware warranty returns.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory list of all hardware equipment between all data centers.
- Manage and maintain a DCIM tool for all data center and office Infrastructure assets.
- Implement and follow best-practice methodology for maintaining a datacenter environment.
- Track datacenter related issues and tasks via our ticketing system.
Work with other teams to maintain and work on hardware in the data center.
- Understanding of and experience with networking and cabling
- Understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Advanced understanding of and experience with computer hardware components.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Microsoft office products for documentation and diagramming
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Experience designing data center layouts and computing environments
- Basic Knowledge of or experience with power systems and circuits.
- 2-5 years of experience in supporting enterprise servers, OS and data center environments
Qualified candidates must have:
- BA/BS Information Technology, Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- IT Certifications such as A+, Server+, Network+, or similar preferred
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Contract to hire position: 3 months contract to hire .
- Locations: Reston, Virginia
- Preferred W2 and CTC candidate
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Benefits offered to our employees include: Medical Insurance, HSA (Health Savings Account), 401K Plan, Paid Sick Time Off
Interested in Applying?
Send us your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume. Feel free to email Shreya (email@example.com) or call 408-400-2300.