Our client is one of the oldest and largest banks in the world, with a reputation for being innovative, professionally run and technology driven. They currently have a requirement for an Interaction Designer. The position is in San Francisco, Oakland, CA or Charlotte, NC.
The Interaction Designer is responsible leading project teams while designing and delivering customer experience solutions for Client’s digital properties, including desktop browser, mobile, and tablet sites and apps. This person will work on high-profile and/or complex projects spanning either our public site (shopping, informational, and application flows) or authenticated site (online banking, payments, and other transactional and service-related flows). As a major contributor in shaping a segment of products customer experience strategy, this person will partner with product owners to influence product roadmaps.
Why you’ll thrive here:
You share our passion for customer experience and problem-solving. You play well with others but you aren’t afraid to stand up for what you think is right. You’re diplomatic and flexible, and you’ve got what it takes to influence others. You see the big picture, but you also find satisfaction in making every detail right.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about User Centered Design, and have more than a passing interest in world markets and its current economic situation, as well as a deep knowledge of user-centered design activities employing a broad array of design tools including: customer experience brief, site strategy, wireframes or visual mockups, site layouts, site maps, taxonomies navigation schematics, task flows, key screens, templates, and prototypes using iRise.
- Collaborating with DXD Designers, Content Strategists, Producers, and Researchers on multi-device experiences for online and mobile banking, financial education, product information, tools, and applications.
- Solve complex problems with simple, industry-leading user interface design solutions
- Develop scenarios, navigational structures, sitemaps, user flows, screen designs, interaction models and functional templates, then assist the project team with the creation of visual design and content artifacts
- Design, develop, test and refine prototypes
- Often acting as project lead, coordinating multi-disciplinary DXD project teams, writing creative briefs, estimating scope and sizing, and handling escalations
- Working on large projects as well as ongoing maintenance, both independently and as part of a team
- Working with project teams to understand business goals and identify customer needs
- Partnering with product managers, project managers, developers, business analysts, legal/compliance, and more
- Analyze relevant internal and external sites and consult standards and guidelines as well as policies to determine best practices
- Iterate or extend existing designs, apply existing standards to new products or functionality, or redesign
- Consult with business stakeholders to educate and inform around the business value of experience design and user centered design practices
- Lead series of projects and complex programs
- Present the entire experience to large groups or senior leaders
- Moderate working sessions
- Participate in early discovery work that helps to determine future strategy
- Advocate for change that enhances customer experience and improves process
- Act as a key player in the strategic design process of projects, assuming responsibility for the overall Customer Experience strategy and execution
- Shepherd the project through usability testing, with an eye toward translating user feedback into intuitive and functional user experiences
- Develop new research and test theories that lead to alternative, leading edge design solutions
- Define and deploy design strategies
- Bachelor's degree in HCI or equivalent experience with information architecture as well as interaction design and information design
- 5+ years of experience with interactive product design, design planning, and/or strategic consulting for Fortune 500 companies or large e-commerce sites
- Proven track record for managing complex projects within larger organizations with a mature user centered design methodology
- Current and relevant experience with trends affecting digital interactive product design (e.g. mobile, responsive design, etc.)
- Mobility experience
- A track record of delivering high quality end-to-end designs including wireframes, prototypes, specifications documents, and presentations
- Knowledge of applying user research (e.g. task analysis, user scenarios) to inform design decisions
- Experience in working with cross functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies
- Practical experience participating, optimizing and socializing user centered design processes and principles
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, problem-solving, and engagement management skills
- Expertise in iRise (or other simulation packages), Visio/OmniGraffle, and Photoshop/Fireworks
- Understand the subjective nature of decision-making with internal clients, and work effectively as a consultant within a large, matrixed organization
- Ability to present and defend design decisions to groups including senior stakeholders
- Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US
- Contract position: 2 Years Contract
- Locations: San Francisco, Oakland, CA or Charlotte, NC.
- Preferred W2 candidate
About the Client:
For more than 170 years, this trusted company has provided diversified financial services. They are ranked among the top 5 in assets among US banks and are consistently named as one of the “Most Respected” and “Most Admired” banks in the world.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Send us your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you – commute preferences, desired work environments, etc. We promise to get back to you within 24 hours. Feel free to email Shreya (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-400-2300.