The Data Warehouse Project Manager will lead Data Warehouse and BI projects, which includes managing the project team, facilitating requirements gathering sessions with business and technical users, reviewing source system layouts and schemas, analyzing the requirements and creating a comprehensive strategy and road map to meet our client’s business needs. This individual must have strong, proven data warehouse experience, including taking data warehouse projects from the analysis, envisioning and design phases, to a full life cycle Data Warehouse implementation.
- Manage, organize, coordinate, and monitor activities and functions of development projects in cooperation with other departments and outside agencies, contractors and vendors.
- Consult with business staff to develop understanding of the complex and varied business needs required by the project. Understand the role of the project in the big picture and determining how changing business needs will affect the project.
- Review and approve requested system changes and develop a change management plan. Communicate changes and issues to all levels.
- Conduct research and analyze business needs, and the effects and results of the project. Develop and write detailed user requirements, documentation and workflow. Negotiate plans, time frames, and risks while ensuring the project sponsor understands the final results of the project.
- Develop project plan and schedule, budgets, work and labor utilization, and cost estimates and projections.
- Build effective relationships with business units to develop a “joint” vision. Act as a liaison with IT and outside departments and/or vendors as appropriate in support of the systems. Work cooperatively with IT departments to ensure the project sponsor’s needs have been met and to facilitate project implementation and completion.
- Interact with governmental/regulatory agencies to obtain necessary approvals and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Analyze and prepare written reports, timelines and graphics on project performance and communicate project status to all.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Practice and promote Station Casinos’ “Beyond the Best” Company-wide culture and demonstrate Station Casinos’ Championship Service Standards at all times.
- Minimum five (5) years experience with project management, business operations or systems development or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of computer literacy with spreadsheets, word processing, project management and database software (Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project, VISIO and other graphic software). Ability to understand concepts governing relational database structures, use reporting/query tools and familiarity with the SDLC.
- Knowledge of research methods and report presentation. Use and interpret graphical information such as construction plans, schematic drawings, wiring diagrams, flow charts, layouts and project management applications.
- Well-developed communications skills – oral written, listening. Produce written documentation in the English language with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar. Explain information in
- o a clear and understandable manner to non-technical persons. Good analytical and negotiation skills and close attention to detail. Excellent project management skills, including the ability to lead, facilitate and organize. Must have excellent leadership, interpersonal and motivation skills.
- Prepare and monitor project resources, budgets and expenditures. Ability to keep projects on track and within budget. Must know the basic Project Process and deliverables.
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Guests; obtains first hand Guest information and utilizes it to improve products and services; talk and act with Guests in mind; establish and maintain effective relationships with Guests and gain their trust and respect.
- Exchange information with appropriate people to complete work. Represent the Company and department in a positive light. Embrace entrepreneurial spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities.
- Learn quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyze both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiment and be creative in finding solutions; enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and quickly grasp the essence and the underlying structure.
- Able to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; use resources effectively and efficiently; and arrange information and files in a useful manner.
- Able to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gain trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Ability to recognize personal skills, abilities, limitations and strengths, taking appropriate action to pursue developmental activities and seeks assistance from others prior to job difficulties.
- Create strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; foster open dialogue; let people finish and be responsible for their work; let subordinates present to senior management; act as if real success is the success of the whole team; and create a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Prefer professional Project Management Certification.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Must be able to sit for the duration of the shift.
- Manual dexterity to operate job related equipment.
- Must have a valid Nevada Drivers License.
- Required to drive between casinos and Corporate offices.
- Required to provide own transportation.
- Required to maintain insurance on vehicle at all times
Work is typically in an office environment. Tasks may be performed from a sitting or non-sitting position in a confined area. Performance of job duties will require standing, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping. These tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a Team Member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or delegated by Management to meet the business needs of the property.
- Must be able to obtain a Nevada Gaming License.
Project Management Maintain Project Budgets Prioritization skills Schedule & Attend Meetings Confluence
Teamwork Effective Written & Verbal Communication Leadership
Distance from job location is not important.