Our client is one of largest retailers in the world. Yet their IT department is nimble and dynamic and works with cutting edge technologies. Their IT Department has an opening for DataStage Developer role. This position is Contract or Contract to hire role and located in Pleasanton, California.
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Strong DW/ Data transformation architecture, design and programming skills.
• 7+ years of strong experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Deployment of Teradata ELT jobs
• 5+ years of experience with UNIX shell scripting.
• 5+ years of experience writing complex SQL, PL/SQL, and Performance Tuning
• 5+ years of experience with RDBMS databases like Oracle, DB2, Teradata.
• Strong ability to decompose business requirements to a technical solution with critical thinking
• Experience with deployment and version control technologies (SVN, Dimensions, GIT).
• Experience with development methodologies such as Agile, DAD, or SCRUM development.
• Experience deploying applications into infrastructure deployment architectures that include DMZ, load balancers, firewalls, IPS, etc.
• Professional experience working in building Teradata Applications
• Good understanding of Data Warehouse methodologies and knowledge on the various data design models like Star schema and Snowflake models
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. Team player with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the development process
• Experience working with JIRA in maintaining the design documentation for Teradata ELT scripts
• Experience in DataStage ETL development for Teradata jobs is a plus.
• Experience working with DataStage Designer, DataStage Manager DataStage Director is a plus
• Experience working with Snowflake is a plus
• Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service-oriented attitude.
• Desire to learn new skills and technologies relating to Cloud and other web base platforms
• Innovative thinking to solve challenging problems.
• Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual contributor work environments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Local to Bay Area, CA candidates only
- Position location: Pleasanton, CA
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Please apply below with your most current resume. Feel free to email me at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-400- 2304.