Infrastructure Architect - 17846
Our client is a leading software company that provides products and services to protect against advanced cyber threats. They have an urgent need of an experienced Infrastructure Architect in their Milpitas, CA facility.
This is a Full time or Contract to hire position.
- Architects must create and maintain detailed documentation and plans to guide on this cloud journey
- Ability to collaborate and evangelize the right cloud solutions throughout the business creating a visionary direction and roadmap for Infrastructure-as-a-Service
- Ability to remove traditional walls between siloed teams in operations and engineering as well as throughout the business.
- Collaborates with peer organizations and senior leadership on creating the visionary direction and roadmap for Infrastructure-as-a-Service and gains adoption throughout the enterprise
- Responsible for cloud infrastructure standards, design, systems analysis, security, data center operation, compute, storage, network & voice communication.
- Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
- Communicates and validates cloud architecture with infrastructure team, project management team, and technology services management team.
- Conducts end-to-end technical plan design.
- Design and develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Develops long-term strategy for historical data retention and archival plan for storage needs, defines data retention, backup, and recovery methods and plans taking direction from legal in process.
- Develops specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems.
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Handle all aspects of solution development - architecture, design, development, build, deployment, monitoring and operations, accounting for near-term product deliverables and technical debt
- Own overall cloud solution architecture including direction, principles, various levels of abstraction, and current state
- 10+ years in working with Compute, Storage, Network Security, Infrastructure and Data Center technologies
- 5+ years successfully designing and implementing successful public cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle)
- Background and experience working with and establishing a DevOps team, practices, and culture
- Architecture Certification (AWS-CSA, MCSE-Cloud, MCSD-Azure, TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.)
- Familiar with architectural frameworks/methodologies
- Highly motivated, goal driven, influential, innovative, curious and open minded, fun to work with, team player
- Proven work experience as a Cloud Architect or similar role
- Experience with web and cloud technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Solid technical background with an ability to present to and persuade a non-technical audience
- 5+ years of Hands-on experience working with Juniper and Checkpoint firewall technologies
- Technical aptitude and depth with Mac, Windows, Linux operating systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software
- Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtual software.
- Deep understanding of NAS, SAN storage, backups, storage technologies
- Deep understanding of TCP, IP, DNS, DHCP and other network protocols and services
- Duration: Full Time / Contract to Hire (W2 or CTC)
- Location: Milpitas, CA
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Please feel free to email Anjali Srivastava firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 408-400-2291.