Sr. Security Architect- 17847
Our client is a leading software company that provides products and services to protect against advanced cyber threats. They have an urgent need for an experienced Sr. Security Architect in their Milpitas, CA facility.
The Security Architect is primarily responsible to secure enterprise information systems by determining security requirements and a security framework; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members; and partnering with the Client’s Global Security Organization.
- Partner with InfoSec team, translating higher-level architectures into meaningful tactical plans that address full-stack security requirements, implementation needs and ongoing operational compliance.
- Design, build and implement world-class security systems for a global enterprise corporate and production environment.
- Align standards, frameworks, and security controls with overall business and technology strategy
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cybersecurity requirements
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Use current programming language and technologies to writes code, complete programming and performs testing and debugging of applications
- Reviewing current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Partner with subject matter experts throughout the organization to properly implement security that provides the necessary confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and data
- 10+ years’ experience in-
- Security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies - Designing and implementing security solutions. This includes continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions, working with an information security team.
- Consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Security considerations of cloud computing: They include data breaches, broken authentication, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, APTs, data loss and DoS attacks.
- Identity and access management (IAM) – the framework of security policies and technologies that limit and track the access of those in an organization to sensitive technology resources.
- Experience with and knowledge of-
- Ability to read and understand Python, API/web services, scripting languages and a relational database management system (RDBMS) such as MS SQL Server or Oracle. These are some of the technical elements needed to build security into an organization.
- Relevant National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards. A system that is not in compliance with the standards set by NIST, along with ISO27001, COBIT, will lack both compliance and adequate security architecture.
- ISO27001 – specifications for a framework of policies and procedures that include all legal, physical and technical controls involved in an organization’s risk management
- Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT)
- Vulnerability management and penetration testing systems, tools, practices, and procedures
- Application, infrastructure, physical, and administrative security controls and best practices
- Development and implementation of a formal information security program for operations
- Windows, Linux, and Cloud system security experience and expertise
- Duration: Full Time
- Location: Milpitas, CA
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Please apply below with your most current resume. Feel free to email Vandana Mathur (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 408-400-2308.