PowerBI SSAS/AAS Developer - 17961
Our client is one of the world's leading global hospitality companies. They are currently in urgent need of Power BI Developer with strong experience in SSAS/AAS. This Contract to Hire role located in Las Vegas, CA and needs candidates who can relocate for the job. No remote work is possible.
- The primary responsibility of the business intelligence developer is to develop analytical models in Power BI and Analysis Services to support reporting and visualization solutions with Power BI. Additionally, the developer will also contribute to Power BI report and dashboard development activities.
- This role is also responsible for administration of the tools and technologies related to Power BI such as Azure Analysis Services and Power BI Premium Capacity via tools such as SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio.
- The business intelligence developer is a “hands on” technologist, responsible for designing and implementing scalable, user-friendly analytical models and visualization solutions. The developer will embed advanced business logic into the solutions via a combination of languages, primarily DAX and SQL, and utilize enterprise features of Analysis Services such as row-level security and partitions.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-directed individual with experience building Azure Analysis Services models as well as Power BI reports and dashboards. The candidate should be capable of assuming ownership in executing Business requirements, managing customer expectations and focused on delivering the right results at agreed upon timelines.
- Technical aptitude, programming skills, effective oral and written communication skills, and the ability to present insights in a clear concise and effective manner are critical and necessary in this role.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced experienced with the DAX language including the manipulation of filter context, variables, and performance techniques.
- Significant experience with the Analysis Services Tabular model including connectivity modes supported and their implications, dimensional modeling design techniques, and Tabular model features such as KPIs and Perspectives.
- Expert knowledge connecting Microsoft Azure-based Power BI to various data sources. Design, develop, and support dashboards, KPIs, and reports, sourced from a variety of data sources, using Power BI.
- Proficient in data transformation, consolidating data from multiple disparate sources, develop process workflows and wireframe sketches to help business design effective dashboard solutions.
- Experience developing and working with complex SQL statements and stored procedures.
- Experienced at data visualizations, advance calculations and analytical user interfaces, using Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps, Scatter, Bullets, Heat Maps, Tree maps, etc. using Power BI.
- Knowledge of cascading parameters, row-level security, and cube value formulas.
- Hands on experience with Partition techniques in SSAS and Incremental Refresh in Power BI.
- Experience with Performance tuning of Analysis Services and Power BI data models as well as Power BI reports for better results.
- Working experience on other leading reporting tools and functionalities like Tableau, SSRS, Business Objects, Excel reporting.
- Analyze business and technical requirements, as well as Enterprise warehouse data models, to understand data management requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills to translate and understand reporting requirements. Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
- Leverage industry best practices in establishing repeatable BI practices, principles & processes.
- Document project specific processes and data flows, data dependencies, data definitions and relevant business rules.
- 3+ years of experience in Business Intelligence, as a programmer, systems analyst, database analyst, data warehouse specialist or database admin role.
- Microsoft Power BI Certification and 2+ years of in-depth experience developing Advanced Power BI dashboard solutions supporting Enterprise Reporting and Analytics using SSIS, SSAS and Power BI.
- Expert creating different visualizations using Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps, Scatter, Bullets, Heat Maps, Tree maps, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following platforms (Oracle ERP, Azure DW, AWS, Snowflake) required.
- Able to quickly grasp both technology and business concepts in an ever-changing environment. Develop quick Power BI prototype visualizations using local datasets while working in parallel with data integration team for data automation.
- Convert functional requirements into technical specifications. Perform data analysis, data mapping, functional testing, unit testing, and test case preparation using required tools based on project needs.
- Design and develop DDL scripts, ad hoc queries and data models for high performance projects and deliverables. Understand and evaluate existing SQL scripts and Data Models.
- Demonstrated ability to test and validate programming steps. Must have working knowledge of Performance optimization in Power BI.
- Familiar with Windows operating system, shell scripting. Proficient with MS Office tools like PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Excel and Word.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), the Power BI Report Server (PBIRS), or paginated reports in Power BI.
- Ability to work with diverse set of data sources, such as Streaming Data, Time series data, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Ability to apply and develop appropriate statistical, machine learning, and/or deep learning models and algorithms to classify structured or unstructured data.
- Contract to Hire
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Please apply below with your most current resume. Feel free to email Nina Schindler (email@example.com) or call 408-400-2299