As a Data & Analytics Project Management Professional at Wynn, your focus will be helping us deliver results against some of their most complex business and technology initiatives involving data. The Project Manager role is multi-faceted and will challenge you in your ability to drive technical projects based on your planning, execution, and client relationship management skills. Success within our team requires the ability to adapt and perform in a role that is highly visible.
Specific responsibilities for the Project Manager position include:
- Manage projects for cross-functional delivery teams on data-centric projects to deliver impactful business outcomes.
- Develop integrated IT project plans to establish, monitor, manage and report key milestones and deliverables.
- Support the triage and resolution of critical project issues and scope changes throughout the project phases.
- Prepare and deliver (verbally & orally) effective communications regarding status of project for both internal and client teams.
- Perform hands-on project work, including analysis, design, process engineering, and change management, as needed by the project.
- Work with business partner(s) to enable iterative cycles of data gathering, visualization building, optimization and improvements
- Be proactive in uncovering opportunities for improvements that can be recommended to key stakeholders to influence short and long-term business strategies
- Deliver regular updates to program leadership (IT and Business) on project status
- Conduct regular stand-up and status meetings with stakeholders, within and outside the project team
- Work in multi-functional teams as the representative of the Data & Analytics IT team. In this capacity, you will possess detailed knowledge of the technical aspects of a project but also an understanding of the broader business (especially commercial/financial objectives).
- Own and be responsible for standard project management processes such as, but not limited to managing scope, budget, schedule, risks/issues/assumptions/dependencies, communication and change
- Engage with the stakeholders to develop detailed plans
- Manage the vendor ecosystem, including the managing their contracts
- Coordinate work across multiple business and IT teams
Specific qualifications for the Project Manager position include:
- PMP or Scrum Master certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project or program management role, preferably with full development life cycle experience.
- Excellent business facing communication especially with senior stakeholders
- Must have a Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing engineering background and be familiar with next gen tech like Azure, Power BI, Enterprise Data Lakes and AI/ML
- Must have excellent people management skills
- Experience project managing data-centric efforts. Preferably including: strategy and implementation work around data governance, data lakes and data applications both in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) and on-premise, visual and advanced analytics/machine learning, and data warehousing.
- Demonstrated track record of successful ability to manage large and complex engagements.
- Knowledge and application of change management methodologies and tools preferred.
- Proven ability to produce and own high quality deliverables that meet client needs, including strategic communications and training materials preferred.
- Experience in conducting design meetings and developing Level of Effort estimates based on documented business requirements.
- Ability to assess user requirements, identify omissions and gaps, and design optimal solution.
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients, build consensus, and achieve goals through influence.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.