18023 – Data Scientist
Our client is one of largest retailers in the world. Yet their IT department is nimble and dynamic and works with cutting edge technologies. They are currently in need of a Data Scientist in their Pleasanton, CA facility. This position is a Contract to Hire role.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop production grade machine learning models on large-scale datasets and improve customers’ overall shopping experience.
- Apply machine learning to enhance recommendation engines and deliver personalized user experience on ecommerce website and loyalty mobile app.
- Build models and algorithms to fuel growth initiatives for Digital, Merchandising, Marketing and Loyalty teams.
- Scale up prototypes and implement reliable automated production workflow for models.
- Collaborate with software development engineers to integrate models.
- Apply predictive modeling techniques to optimize the forecasts for planning needs.
- Detect anomaly in systems through various techniques and identify outliers in operational metrics.
- Masters or PhD degree in quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Math, Statistics or related fields.
- 2+ years of industry experience in applying data science and modeling methodologies: regression model, survival model, ensemble. modeling, NLP, recommendation algorithm, clustering, deep learning algorithm, experimental design (Multivariate/A-B testing) and nonparametric Bayesian modeling etc.
- 1+ years of experience and proficiency in SQL, Python and/or Spark-ML.
- 1+ years of SQL development skills writing queries, transforming data, mining structured and unstructured data.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in building data science solutions and production-ready systems on big data platforms such as Snowflake, Spark, Hadoop.
- Strong teamwork and communication skill.
- Ability to write production-level code in Python.
- Experience with Snowflake, Azure Databricks is a strong plus.
- Contract to Hire
- Pleasanton, CA
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume or email Vandana Mathur (email@example.com) or call 201-423-2424.