POSITION TITLE: IT Business Analyst
PROPERTY: All Station Casinos Properties
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology (IT)
REPORTS TO: IT Operations Lead
This position will work alongside other business analysts and report directly to the IT Operations Lead. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- Allocating resources and maintaining cost efficiency.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
Business Analyst Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an MBA.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Must be able to sit for the duration of the shift.
- Manual dexterity to operate job related equipment.
- Must currently reside in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Leadership in both written and verbal form.
- Education and experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience in a similar role with a proven record of successful development and management of IT compliance management frameworks within the banking or financial services industry preferred.
- Experience with policy and control development as it relates to meeting compliance requirements from relevant regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley, PCI, and other regulatory agencies.
- Must be able to obtain a Nevada Gaming License.
Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain secondhand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks performed from a non-sitting position. Team Members will be required to stand, walk, lift, reach, push, pull and grasp. These tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
- * This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Schedule and Attend Meetings
Maintain Project Budgets
Effective Written & Verbal Communication
DEGREESBachelor Degree Information Systems
Bachelor Degree in Technology Field
OTHERDistance within 35 Miles from job location.
Needed Over 5 Years of Experience